Jimmy Suh is a registered investment advisor with 30 years of experience in the financial industry.
He has dedicated his career to enabling individuals and companies to secure their financial futures. Mr. Suh’s extensive understanding of best practices and knowledge of the latest industry trends are always tailored to address his clients’ specific needs.
Mr. Suh has taken on leadership roles within numerous associations and has focused on advocating for financial literacy, anticipating market trends, providing economic commentaries, and assessing the impact of new legislation to the financial industry.
Mr. Suh began his career with IDS American Express in New York City where he was a training manager & financial planner. He developed an investment strategy for financial planners that incorporated a regimented financial planning process. After four years, he was recruited to JP Morgan Chase, where he managed high net worth financial advisors and premier bankers in lower Manhattan. He was nominated to be a key member of management team to develop and implement strategies for reassuring clients and employees after the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center.
Mr. Suh moved to California in 2004 and worked at Wells Fargo Private Client Service for five years and Merrill Lynch for another five years in Los Angeles. He developed specialized training to assist each team member's strength to excel in client satisfaction and retention.
Mr. Suh was nominated for several boards in Los Angeles. In 2016, he was invited to the White House for the annual AAPA leadership forum to share his outlook with 125 Asian leaders.
Areas of Expertise
- Over 30 years of experience
- Financial Planning Risk Management
- Investment Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Corporate Retirement Plan
- PFG Advisors LLC
- Merrill Lynch/ Bank of America - Southbay & Inland Empire region
- JP Morgan Chase Private Bank - NYC
- IDS/ American Express Financial Planning - NYC
- Wells Fargo Private Bank - Los Angeles office
- LA Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador
- Executive Board of Director - Chair YMCA Anderson Munger Family
- Board of Trustee 2014-2017 Long Beach Pacific Aquarium
- Board of Director, 2007 Los Angeles Ford Amphitheatre
- Advisory Board for the 9/11 Financial Committee NYC residents